Thursday, December 3, 2015

Pets

I am on the fence about whether or not I like certain pets living in my household. I am a big fan of dogs, preferably big dogs. After all, dog is a man's best friend. Once they get past their very energetic, crazy puppy days they are very fun to have around. They are fun to be around when hey are puppies because they are very playful, but they also get into trouble very easily. I like big dogs because I can't stand the yelp of many small dogs and because they are more humanlike in my opinion. My dog is a mix between a pit bull and a boxer. She is very well tamed, but she also can run around and play when she wants to. She also doesn't shed which allows her to be inside and be a bigger part of the family which is always a plus. My favorite dogs are German shepherds and golden retrievers. They are both known as very loyal breeds and they are also quite friendly. I also have two cats which are not quite as playful as my dog, but they have their moments. They just roam around for the most part or play with each other. Cats are nice because they keep to themselves for the most part but they also will come give you some company. Most other animals living in my house is not my cup of tea. I am not a big fan of any type of reptile like snakes, lizards, turtles, and others. They are just creepy and don't really serve a purpose as pets in my opinion. I also don't really understand why people have fish in their house unless it is merely for decoration. We have aquariums for animals that live under water, they are not meant to be contained in a small glass container in someone's house. I think possibly the most annoying pet that any person could have is a bird. All they do is talk and talk. The only exception is a parrot because they amuse me with their excellent mocking skills. Overall I do not enjoy having animals in my house, especially those that are not meant to be domestic and kept in households. I have nothing against people who have a lot of pets, more power to them for being able to maintain all over their animals wants and needs at all times of the day. Pets are definitely a big responsibility, especially for those who have jobs and need to be away from their pets for extended amounts of time.

1 comment: