Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Christmas
Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year. The year is coming to a close and we get to celebrate the birth of Christ with our families. It is a great time of giving and spending time with those who we love the most. I have multiple Christmases due to the separation of my birth parents. I have one Christmas on my biological dad's side at my grandma's house with all of his family. Then on Christmas eve, I usually go to my aunt's house on my step dad's side. We usually play some dumb family games have a nice dinner and spend quality time with each other. On, Christmas day we usually either have Christmas at our house or at my grandma's house on my mom's side and celebrate with her family there. It is usually a very chaotic couple of weeks but I am very grateful for my situation and all of the families that support me in everything I do. It is an awesome time to be able to see all of your family that you do not get to see that often because a lot of people are off of work. There is usually some amount of snow on the ground to allow you to go play in and act like a little kid again. I usually tried to build some version of either a snowman or snow fort and bring out my inner child that is left in me. Holidays in general are always a very good opportunity to have an excuse to eat a lot of food, most of which is not good for you. Snow also calls for the annual trip to go sledding and take part in many other foolish winter activities in the freezing cold weather. I am personally not a big fan of the cold, but I can still always manage to find a way to have fun during the Christmas season. You also get all of the classic Christmas movies on tv that must be watched because it is tradition. All of the stores, schools, businesses, everyone gets in the Christmas spirit and it makes it quite difficult not to enjoy this time of the year. Other than the very cold temperatures, I would say Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. It brings me joy being away from school and being with my family for an extended amount of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Same here, I love Christmas,too. Chrimtas is the best holiday ever. I can not wait till final week is over and go back home and spend with my families.
ReplyDelete