Tuesday, November 17, 2015
College
I have now experienced nearly a semester of college. It is definitely an interesting time and has allowed me to view life from a new perspective. I have ultimately enjoyed the time that I have spent here for the most part. The classes are getting harder and it is just going to get worse as the semester rolls on and we approach finals, but I'm still managing to have fun. College is where you are released into the adult world by yourself for the first time. College is where you acquire tons of responsibilities that you don't even think about while living life as a child with your family. College is where your mind is tempted with all kinds of good and bad experiences. You have to be mentally and emotionally tough to be able to manage your time and work load over the rough exam weeks. Me, being a student athlete, has an extra amount of work to worry about. So on top of classes, studying, and personal needs, I have to worry about lengthy practices, games, and other sports related commitments. Although at times it has tested my patience, I never regret the decision to play baseball. My education is very important to me so I need the least amount of distractions as possible, but baseball is my escape. I enjoy being done with class and having baseball to look forward to and take my mind off of my work for a while. I am starting to get into the swing of things and I really enjoy this new life. It is nice to be able to do what I want when I want to do it. Even though sometimes that gets me into trouble I enjoy having my personal freedoms. Laundry is my least favorite responsibility that I have gained in college. I have next to zero motivation to wash my clothes and after they are dried to put them away just so I can get them out and wear them again sometime soon most likely. I have also become accustomed to the middle of the day nap between classes and practice. I have quickly learned my priorities, sleep being near the top of the list. Overall, I have really enjoyed my experiences here at Muskingum. I like having new teams to cheer for, making new friends, and experiencing the new things that college brings to your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I felt the same with theatre as you do with basesball
ReplyDeleteLaundry isn't that bad for me i usually just throw it in then go and find something to do until it is done but that's me.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete