Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Baseball
Baseball has defined a lot of my life since I was a young boy. I played t-ball when I was five years old and always had the dream of playing college baseball and eventually playing as a professional. When I was eight years old I started to play travel baseball and becoming more committed to the sport. I had to travel about 45 minutes to practice every day after school starting at a young age. I had to make sure I excelled in school to be able to spend my whole afternoons invested in baseball practices or games. So here I was, a little boy moving from team to team and experiencing new things and big places quickly. I think it has defined who I have become today. I had a lot of responsibility and had to be able to work with a lot on my plate most of the time. I was also traveling state to state playing in tournaments. I had to be able to turn my teammates into my family quickly in order to function as a unit. Often times, I was away from home for at least a week at a time. I was quickly introduced to having to be away from my family and friends. I have now pursued my dreams of being a collegiate baseball player and I want to make my last step of becoming a professional. I have been involved with some very special teams along the way. I have played on many of the elite teams in Ohio as well as a couple of the best teams in the nation. It was a great experience moving from team to team, continuing to be successful wherever I went. I was very fortunate to be able to play on all of these competitive teams. My favorite experiences came from high school baseball. It all started my freshman year when I was going to Northmont and we had a very good season as a freshman team. We had the best record in our conference and beat some of the prestigious teams all around us. We also managed to have a lot of fun while we were winning ball games. Then, my sophomore year I transferred to Harrison High School another very successful program in the Cincinnati area. We were a little farm school, in a small conference, but we were still division 1. We had to play the catholic schools and the bigger schools to prove ourselves in the rankings at the end of the year. My sophomore year I was fortunate enough to be a DH for the varsity team and pitch some. As my career continued I became the ace pitcher and known around the league until I eventually got 1st team all conference and recognized all city my senior year which is when I finally got the call from Muskingum to be a pitcher/infielder. So here I am 13 years later, still playing the sport I love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think I used to like baseball as much as you Darien. But I was not as good. But I was good at basketball so it is okay.
ReplyDelete